Sunday, April 23, 2017

EHP Update- April 23 2017: Here Come the Hops!

The rapidly fluctuating temperatures have been making me nervous.  Most mornings I have been met with a solid frost warming to mid 60s by the afternoon. I was not sure how my rhizomes would do this early in the season.  If you remember, I planted all of my hops the very day they arrived at my doorstep on April 1.

I am happy to report that, of the 20 Hops in the plot, 19 have sprouted happy and healthy! I have a Mt Hood that I am hoping is just a little slow to start, but so far, so good. Keep following along with the experiment, send me any questions or comments, and as always, have a wonderful day!

-EHP

elginhopsproject.blogspot.com

elginhopsproject@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Trellis Design, Spring Hop Shoots, Cover Crops Emerging.

Welcome Back!  Happy Spring 2018! The project is alive and well.  Much to my surprise, all 20 of my hops have sprung back to l...