Tuesday, May 1, 2018

New Trellis Design, Spring Hop Shoots, Cover Crops Emerging.







Welcome Back!  Happy Spring 2018!
The project is alive and well.  Much to my surprise, all 20 of my hops have sprung back to life and are growing vigorously.  There was concern that the south side of the plot with its clay, hard packed soil would have perished from the winter chill.
Clover has sprung up, barley is planted and sprouted, resowed again at the end of April.  Most importantly, my trellis structural improvements have been made with no minimal cost ($20.00 for bamboo poles and stakes.)

Take a moment to look at the pictures and don't forget to check out my presentation posted to Facebook, here on the blog, and the LinkedIn page.  Thank you for following along.

Email with questions or comments at elginhopsproject.gmail.com

As always, Drink Better Beer, Save the World.































No comments:

Post a Comment

New Trellis Design, Spring Hop Shoots, Cover Crops Emerging.

Welcome Back!  Happy Spring 2018! The project is alive and well.  Much to my surprise, all 20 of my hops have sprung back to l...