Friday, May 19, 2017

Mini Update - Beer's Done! May-19-2017

I promised an article, and normally I would have gotten around to posting, but I have been working more than average lately.  However; I will give a small project (side-project) update this morning.  I have not gotten any bites from local brewers offering to do a side-by-side brew with store-bought ingredients and the brewing ingredients grown in the EHP.  So, I did it myself. I reached out to a long-time friend of mine who has been home-brewing for a number of years and we made a small 5-gallon.  I have no previous influence in brewing, so I came up with flavors I would enjoy and my friend said "yeah, that would totally work," which made me happy.  A 5-gallon of Chamomile-Honey British Ale is now ready to be kegged.  I'm calling it "Pinky-Lifter" (Beta) and when my ingredients are ready for harvest, we will be making the EHP version of the same brew for a little taste test.  My plan is to do this every year for the duration of the 3-year project to see if the flavor is enhanced as the soil improves.  Exciting, huh?  Either way, I'm sure it won't be difficult finding testers...

Thanks for reading and following along!
Catch the whole blog at elginhopsproject.blogspot.com

Contact me here or direct through email:
elginhopsproject@gmail.com

Better Soil, Better Beer, Better Planet
EHP

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Trellis Design, Spring Hop Shoots, Cover Crops Emerging.

Welcome Back!  Happy Spring 2018! The project is alive and well.  Much to my surprise, all 20 of my hops have sprung back to l...